Friday, July 25, 2008

Wild Blueberry

For as small as the blueberry is, this fruit contains some huge health benefits. Though in themselves they are not a cure-all, they contain fructose, fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.

Blueberries will help protect your body from cancer, heart disease, and other ailments. They will also help increase your motor skills to your brain, and lower your cholesterol.

Blueberries are native to North America, but are also found in Australia, New Zealand, and South American Countries.

Blueberries are very similar in quality and appearance to the Bilberry.

If you have a blueberry bush in your backyard, a great way to have blueberries year round is to freeze them- by placing them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they are frozen, and then placing them in a zip lock bag.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I really liked your site and I am interested in building a relationship with your site. I found your site interesting and very resourceful, too.

You can contact me back at Annina.caruso@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Annina

Brain Vitamins said...

I try to get blueberries into my diet whenever possible- especially when they're fresh, local, and in season. They're packed with antioxidants, which is the #1 reason I love them.